Monday, May 25, 2009

Enemy of Tomorrow

One of my prayer points when i woke up this morning was to have the Grace to do all that i ought to do one day at a time.

I was completely angry with myself last week owning to the fact that i pushed so many things i should have done to a latter date. I felt bad that i could not achieve much for the week. It was all my fault, guess i should not start blaming time and chance; it was my fault. Procrastination became my companion, tomorrow was my friend. It hurts so much that i allowed the graveyard of good intention-procrastination to take a toll on me.

According to Benjamin Frankiln,a renowned scientist and one of the founding fathers of the most powerful country in the world-USA. “You may delay, but time will not.” Is that not insightful? As we spend most of our time on frivolities and push important things for tomorrow, let's not loose sight of the fact that as we delay, time will not.

So i pray that i will always be conscious of the fact that procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried, whatever you have to do, please do it when you ought to, except there are no set goals and objectives. If these are in place, you just have to "do it" as Nike brand would say.

It covers all facets of life, whatever your mind can conceive you can achieve. Go ahead and do it, bring about that change if that is your passion, touch that life today, if that is your purpose. JUST DO IT. As Abraham Lincoln puts it: "The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every other calling, is diligence. Leave nothing for to-morrow which can be done to-day".

I wrap up this short piece with this quote by Denis Waitley, A leading American Motivational and keynote speaker:“Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the “someday I’ll” philosophy.”

All the best, as you get to do what you should do today, today.

Favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment